KEIM Royalan ® – a mineral silicate based paint system developed to withstand harsh climatic conditions, ideally suited for use in exposed locations, tropical regions, and those subject to continual pollutants and contaminants.
KEIM Royalan is a classic mineral paint, with its advanced formulation also making it ideal for coating ceramic and hard substrates such as tiles and brickwork. The potassium silicate mineral binder reacts chemically with the substrate creating a strong, permanent bond between the paint and the underlying substrate.
The crystalline nature of KEIM Royalan allows vapour to pass freely through the coating from the substrate whilst at the same time protecting against the ingress of moisture, eliminating blistering, cracking or peeling associated with conventional paints.
KEIM Royalan is manufactured using natural earth oxide pigments which are UV stable and do not fade with time, their crystalline nature providing a high light reflecting matt appearance, which remains bright and vibrant, even on dull days.
Keim Royalan – Key features and benefits
- Specifically developed for harsh climates and coastal locations
- Environmentally friendly, ISO14001
- Breathable/highly moisture vapour permeable
- Extreme long life/durable
- Increases light reflectivity
- Lightfast/colourfast and UV stable
- Advanced weathering protection/waterproof
- Resistance to airborne pollutants and acid rain
- Inherently incombustible
- Highly resistant to fungal and algae growth
- Can be applied onto glass, ceramics and tiles
Silicate based dilution and primer for highly absorbent substrates
5 lt and 20 lt containers
Consumption per m²
Depending on the surface absorbency as primer approx. 0.1 – 0.2 lt
Clean immediately after use with water.